Thursday, November 21, 2013

trippy


Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee Around a Pomegranate a Second Before Awakening
Salvador Dali
1944
Oil on canvas

This long titled painting is shortened to Dream Caused by the Flight of a Bee. If I could rename this rather long-titled piece, I would change it to Acid Trip. There are so many different things going on in this painting. Theres an open pomegranate with a fish coming out of it. That fish is eating a tiger. That tiger's friend is jumping at a gun that is about to be stabbed into the floating woman on an edge. And then there is a random long legged elephant sailboat in the background? I'm confused, but everything is very well done. Although I am thoroughly tripped out by this painting, I enjoy it and find it insanely interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment